So I’ve not been on for a while. Think I might not be blogging when things are going well. Or things aren’t going well. In fact, who knows what motivates me to blog or not.
I am quite angry right now. Mainly due to the fact that I’ve lost £150 for a holding deposit. But let’s first give you an update on where my life is at.
Checklist for loser bingo
1) Bankrupt – Yup got that. I’m not proud of it and did spend years trying to pay down my debt but it happened.
2) Career – Nearly 40 years old and don’t have a career to speak of. I did have but the bankruptcy put paid to that.
3) Finances – Less than a month’s income of savings, no car and no home.
4) Relationships – Separated, heading for divorce.
5) Housing – Living in a friends spare room, without hot water or heating.
Pretty depressing read eh? No this is going to seem a little mental but I have to try to look to the positive
1) I’m free of the pressure of debt.
2) I have a wealth of experience and as I am still building my own business I have potential.
3) Hmm, tricky. I have enough money for food and I have paid work.
4) I now have time to focus on improving myself for my kids.
5) Opportunity to create a new living space.
So where I am at the moment is rising from the ashes. I have moved most of my stuff out of the family home and had a phone call with the local housing options team. This department of the local council help people who don’t know where they are going to live. I might be over cautious with my situation but I am aware that the house I am currently in, has a limit. So I spoke to this department and told them of my difficulty in finding accommodation that would take housing benefit. The girl on the phone knew it was and suggested looking for a shared room or Porchlight (which is a homeless charity). Like I said I’m not in immediate danger of being homeless, however as that is a potential outcome not too far away I did shed a tear.
Oh how the mediocre have fallen.
So in a panic I went looking for room shares. I found one website that had a handful of potential places. One of them had all the living costs included in the price so I went for a look.
If you have ever seen the Simpsons you will recognise this
So the property had 20 odd rooms,1 washing machine and the kitchen was in the middle of building works. It felt like one step away from prison. But when you feel like you have no other options I paid £150 to hold the room.
As luck would have it, a potential flat share got back to me. The chap was very laid back. Liked computer games and had a cat. Plus if we had any disagreements it was only the 2 of us that needed to sort it out.
Whilst it does cost more to live at the flat, I think for my head it would be the better option.
I hope you are having a better time of life at the moment.